Now we know who we want to talk to on our social media channels, we now need to start talking to them. This stage of the funnel is all about building awareness and gaining trust−not selling! Customers need to know, like and trust you before they buy from you.
A great way to start building trust and rapport with your potential customers and making them aware of your business is by posting useful content, also known as content marketing. Content marketing is a subtle way of showing your new potential customers how good you are and the kind of problems you solve without being salesy or pushy. Content should be valuable for the customer.
Types of Content
Let’s take a quick look at the types of content you can produce:
This is probably the most effective type of content to post on all social media platforms. Why is video so good?
- Video tells a story very quickly and allows your personality to shine through
- Video is preferred by social media platforms and gets more shares
- Video can be used to capture and re-target audiences of viewers—more on that later
- Video is cheap and easy to make since the invention of smartphones and editing apps
- Video can be boosted on Facebook and Instagram with a small budget to increase its reach
Article, White Papers, or Blogs
You can share articles on your social media channels and let your potential customers get to know you and your products and services. If you can educate your customers or add value they will start to trust you.
Picture and Infographics
Images with or without text can share your highlight or show short “snackable” tips and info. This type of content is highly shareable but doesn’t always perform as well as video
Note: Content should be posted on a regular basis to keep building the top of your funnel and expanding your reach.
If you can afford to boost or sponsor your posts it will help them reach more of your customers.